Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Unbrick your X-Bee wireless module
Trying to configure and update the firmware on my brand-new Xbee module pair, I managed to 'brick' them! After an exhaustive search online, I tried every method suggested I could find, to no avail. I finally broke down and called tech support at Digi. While they don't offer direct customer support, that's for the retailer you purchased the unit from, I was referred to a site that that would help. The support rep said if the instructions on this page didn't work, the unit was definitely 'bricked' and unrecoverable. Lo and behold, it worked! Much thanks to that support rep and the creator of this page. Click here for the link. One step I must add. When using a Sparkfun Explorer and the "Action Required" message box comes up, short the GND and RST pins to reset the board.
Posted by mannyR7 at 4:58 PM