Monday, April 18, 2011

365 days till RoboGames 2012!

Just came back from an amazing weekend at RoboGames in San Mateo, California. What a good time I had! Meeting interesting people and their projects, catching up with old friends and making some new ones I've only chatted with online before. I showed up with two robots hoping to compete in Mech Warfare and Lightweight Kung-Fu. Due to my own lack of preparation, Warchild was not able to be ready in time to qualify for M-W, but I was fully confident in Musa's ability to crack some metallic skulls in the kung-fu octagon! Rather than frantically scurrying to qualify, as in previous years, I decided to let it go, take a chill pill and just enjoy the weekend. Highlights of the weekend included meeting the RobotJapan team and their amazing humanoids, especially Shiba, Mike, from the I-Bioloid blog I check in on regularly, and Tony from Hitech RCD. I just love the camaraderie and cooperative spirit present at this event! So here's some random pics and video I took. LOOK OVER TO THE RIGHT-SIDE NAVIGATION BAR FOR THE LINK. ----------------->

No comments:

Post a Comment